Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happy EVERYTHING!

recently I won a Unibind Photobook Creator on Facebook.  Then a couple weeks ago Ken from Unibind came to a LSS near me, so of course I had to go meet him and hang out.  We had a great time up at Scrapbook Village and made an 8x8 Christmas book.  It is sooooo cute!

My thoughts were that I'd send it to my son who is stationed in Japan for the next 3 years.  As I was telling Ken about it and that this was his first Christmas away from home and his first birthday and Thanksgiving too, away from home.  I teared up.  I know my baby is about to be 21, but dang, it's very difficult him being so far away and not being here for the holidays.  I mean, we pretty much grew up together (being only 16, I still had lots of growing up to do!). 

Anyway, Ken gave me some talking paper to use in the book to Dustin.  I had planned on buying some so I could send him a personal message in the book.  Well, I decided that book was too child-like to send to my almost 21 year old sailor, so I made him a book of his own.  I included Thanksgiving, Birthday, Christmas and New Year - thus, Happy Everything.  Here is a cell phone pic of the cover. 

I love this old Basic Grey paper.  I tore the edges and painted with a lime green around the edges, then added the 2010.  Those letters I bought when I first started scrappin' in 2004!  They're Heidi Swapp and they are timeless I think.  I will post more pics later.  I was up til 4 this morning finishing this book and am so very tired now.  If anyone's out there, thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. wow lucky you to win the unibind...i have the bind it all and love it!
    awww sooo sad when your kids are far away
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete